Sunday, August 2, 2015

MIAMI BEACH: 100 YEARS OF MAKING WAVES | Documentary

Miami Beach turned 100 in 2015. In honor of the Miami Beach Centennial, the documentary MIAMI BEACH: 100 YEARS OF MAKING WAVES will air on Monday, August 3rd at 9 PM Eastern on WPBT. The film is produced by California-based Symon Productions and it is based on a book of the same name written by authors Charles J. Kropke and Eleanor Goldstein.

The authors collaborated on the one-hour PBS documentary, and Charles Kropke narrated the film.





"Miami Beach has welcomed many waves of people throughout the decades," Kropke says. "Well before the city was officially incorporated in March 26, 1915, the earliest settlers came here in the mid-1800s, followed in the 1910s and 1920s with a flood of winter visitors from northern states. Then came an influx of retirees from the Northeast in the 1930s, followed by the U.S. military that trained on Miami Beach during World War II in the 1940s. Later, waves included Cuban refugees during the 1980s and the international influx of investors and visitors who turned South Beach into one of the world's most glamorous destinations." source


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


On a personal note, my family moved to Miami in 1980. I was seven years old at the time and a very impressionable child. I remember listening to colorful stories of the happenings in and around Miami Beach.



I grew up in the era of Miami Vice and frequented South Beach as a young teen in the late 80s and 90s.



I've been a witness to the transformation from the 80s to present-day Miami Beach. Nowadays, I enjoy living in a quieter suburban area but I'm also close enough to enjoy the luxury of visiting Miami Beach anytime.



As a professional Real Estate agent with Coldwell Banker, I can help you when you're ready to buy a new home or sell your home anywhere in Miami. Whether in the city or the suburbs, I'm your local expert.


Call me today! (305) 306-7677