Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Coffee & Convo with the author of Next Move, You're Dead


Today Coffee & Convo welcomes debut author Linda L. Barton. Thank you so much for being with us today, Linda.

It’s an honor to be the second featured Author on your blog.  I want to personally thank Lili for inviting me and giving me this opportunity to introduce myself and my debut novel Next Move, You’re Dead. 

Tell us, what made you decide to write Next Move, You’re Dead?

Next Move, You’re Dead was the brain child of my husband who has the most creative mind I’ve ever known.  Three years ago, while we were still owner operator truck drivers he turned to me and said “I have an idea for a book”.  So after 5 hours of tossing around ideas and building plots, Next Move, You’re Dead was born.  We had such fun creating the outline for the story and we were amazed of the dark side hidden deep inside the both of us.  From that point on we became a writing team.  He comes up with the wonderful ideas and I put them into a story… you couldn’t ask for anything better.  The only downfall is that I have so many books yet to write and not enough time. LOL

I know most authors will say that their book is different from those written by everyone else, but I truly believe that this one is.  When it was first ready to be published, I went through the normal channels and each time was told to change my book to fit the normal format for a mystery.  Well I didn’t want normal, because to be quite honest with you, normal has been done too often.  I wanted this book to stand out as different and unexpected, and so far the feedback I’ve gotten from those who have read it is that I was right to hold true to the original storyline.  So much for the traditional publishers; I decided to do it myself and self publish. Next Move, You’re Dead was such a joy for me to write.  I’d always dreamed of being a writer, but never took the time to try until now and this book made my first offering something I’m very proud of.  I hope you enjoy reading Next Move, You’re Dead as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Can you tell us a little bit about the story?

Homicide Detective John Cooper has always believed in following the evidence to solve any case, until he starts to receive phone calls claiming to challenge that very evidence. When he realizes there is more to the calls than meets the eye, he reluctantly finds himself caught up in a game that with each move draws him deeper and deeper into a world of which he may never escape.  

Will Next Move, You’re Dead be part of a series?

We are planning on this being a trilogy.

Where can we find your book?


My website is  http://lindabartonbooks.com/ 

Available on:  (for only 99 cents as an eBook. Will be in paperback sometime this summer.)





Thank you so much Linda. We look forward to reading Next Move, You’re Dead.


Thank you so much for supporting SAND!