Sunday, June 12, 2011

Coffee & Convo Interviews Medical Thriller Author, Carlos Meza



Coffee & Convo welcomes Carlos Meza, author of the Medical Thriller, Silicone.

Carlos, is Silicone part of a series?

Yes, the two main characters in “Silicone” will appear in the next two novels.

Tell us a little bit about Silicone.

“Silicone” is about a young female scientist who discovers a deadly element in breast implants. The protagonist, Jordan Hamilton is determined to find who or what is behind a series of deaths because of the implants. What follows is a whirlwind tale of power, medicine, politics and greed that takes readers from a prestigious hospital to the sordid world of drug distribution, human trafficking, and unsecured borders.

What do you think readers will enjoy most about Silicone?

Readers will enjoy the fast-paced narrative; the intricacies of plastic surgery and neuro-surgery; the interesting locales: Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Stockton, Lodi, and Washington D.C.

Where can we find Silicone?

“Silicone” can be found on Amazon, Barnes& Noble (0nline), independent bookstores, Smashwords and all e-book versions.

Tell us a little about yourself.

I attended the University of the Pacific where I wrote for the student newspaper. As an M.D. , I trained in Internal Medicine as well as Allergy and Immunology. During my training at U.C. Davis, I evaluated many women with breast implants. I have written more than fifty poems and several newspaper articles on health.

Why did you decide to become an Indie author?

Finding an agent and a publisher is hard for an unknown author. I felt that “Silicone” needed to be available to the general public via the self-publish path.

Is Silicone your debut novel?

“Silicone” is my debut novel.

Any future writing plans you wish to share with us.

 I’m working on a sequel to “Silicone”. I hope to finish the draft soon and have it ready for publication by the end of 2011.

Thank you so much for being with us today, Carlos. I’m a big fan of fast-paced thrillers and I look forward to reading Silicone.

Thank you so much for supporting SAND!