Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Increasing Your Klout Score


I was so intrigued by all of your blog comments, Facebook and Twitter comments that I decided to write this new post on "Increasing Your Klout Score."

Thanks to Janet Boyer who posted the following link on our Facebook chat: Our Findings on How to Improve Klout Score.

According to Aaron Schoenberger of the The Brainchild Group’s post Our Findings on How to Improve Klout Score, “If you’re transfixed on improving Klout, you must realize that it’s not only about who you influence, but who influences you. The amount of mentions and the quality of mentions one receives is worth its weight in gold.” The post goes on to list the following:

“Here are 3 tips for improving your Klout score:
  1. Research and follow relevant influencers so you can see what they’re saying.
  2. Retweet and reply to Tweets from influencers, which will spark conversations.
  3. Establish mutually beneficial relationships where you promote others while they promote you.”

I agree with this and I would like to share with you some of the top "influencers" that have given me very generous mentions. I'm only listing those people with over 20,000 followers on Twitter:

These people not only have a large twitter following, but they are genuine and are truly interested in conversing with their followers.

Kevin Green of @MySOdotcom with 248k followers and a Klout Score of 78
Tina Stull @tinastullracing with 111k followers and a Klout Score of 76
@imadnaffa with 52k followers and a Klout Score of 76
@Poet_Carl_Watts with 42k followers and a Klout Score of 71
@LeeHillerLondon with 24k followers
The awesome ferret, @Samuel_Clemons with 23k followers and a Klout Score of 70

These are not spammers. Yeah, I've been told that sometimes they fill up your timeline, but so what? It's up to you to ignore the tweets that you're not too concerned about and choose to engage those tweets that you do care about.  These awesome Tweeps (Twitter Peeps) are worth following. I know that I have gained a lot of followers with a little help from these guys.

Hey, if you want to increase your Klout score, I recommend you not only follow these folks but talk to them and retweet them. They will converse with you and help you gain more followers if you ask them for help. After all, they did help me :)

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what has worked and what hasn't worked for you. If I don't respond to your comments on here, you will notice that I will seek you out on Twitter and Facebook and respond to you there!

Lili Tufel
Thank you so much for supporting SAND!