Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Sword Fighting Romantic Thriller, HootSuite, & "A Poorly Constructed Argument"

As many of you know, I have been absent from social media for a few days. 

I’ve been in my writing-grotto.

Here are the books I’m going to be releasing this year:

Palms  Non-stop action Romantic Thriller. Famous Piano-Man's daughter is kidnapped by the Farc, a dangerous group of guerillas in South America. She quickly finds out that one of her captors -- Ex-Navy Seal, Anthony Mangiaracina -- is not who he seems.

Letters from the King  Sword fighting, non-stop action Romantic Thriller.  King Johann, taken hostage in secret, his kidnapper forges his seal to incite a war.  The king, forced to write proof-of-life letters to his queen, hides secret messages in the love letters.  The queen, traveling in disguise, embarks on a journey to find her husband.    

Iguana   I promised my kids I would write a MG thriller, at their reading level.  On Career Day at my children’s school, I spoke to several 4th and 5th Grade classes about what it was like to be an Indie Author and they each gave me ideas for Iguana.  It was amazing to watch those wide-eyed kids open up and share what they imagined Iguana should be.

I haven’t completely been away from Facebook & Twitter.  As a matter of fact I started using HootSuite.  Some of you may know that I recommend TweetDeck but I’m giving HootSuite a try.  For now I have both on my phone to compare what each has to offer.  I will be writing a blog post titled HootSuite vs TweetDeck  

I leave you with this:

I loved Joe Konrath’s blog post The Tsunami of Crap

Some of you may remember the blog post I wrote titled SAY WHAT where I mention some of the same ideas.  Joe’s blog confirms what I have been saying all along. 

Here’s what he had to say:
“Some people believe the ease of self-publishing means that millions of wannabe writers will flood the market with their crummy ebooks, and the good authors will get lost in the morass, and then family values will go unprotected and the economy will collapse and the world will crash into the sun and puppies and kittens by the truckload will die horrible, screaming deaths.

Or something like that.

This is bullshit, of course. A myth. A fabrication. One rooted in envy and fear.

Readers aren't the ones worried about the scores of new ebooks being released. They have no need to be worried. There are already billions of books in the world. A few more million won't make a difference.

Readers are able to find what they want, quite easily. They can go into a bookstore and come out with a purchase, even though that store stocks 150,000 titles. They can go into a library, and ten minutes later walk out with a handful of books that interest them.”

That’s right!

“Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention knows that ereaders are actually increasing the number of books bought, and causing people to read more. There aren't droves of readers ditching their Kindles because they bought a bad indie ebook. Rather, there are hundreds of new ereaders and many thousands of new ebooks sold every day.”

That’s right!  Thank you, Joe.

"So instead, they cloak their fear and envy in a poorly constructed argument that says their real intent is protecting readers from crap.

Newsflash: there has always been crap, and always will be crap. Get over it."

YES!

I would love to hear from you.  What do you think about HootSuite or TweetDeck?  Did you read Konrath's blog?  What do you think about his post?

Lili Tufel
Thank you so much for supporting SAND!