Saturday, August 6, 2011

Update on Optimizing My Amazon Page

On July 30th I wrote this blog post on how Optimizing My Amazon Page made a difference.

Even though there were NO comments on here, many of you commented on other forums like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or sent me direct messages.  I appreciate all of your feedback.  Here's an update:

On July 30th, I wrote:

"I changed SAND's Category from Thriller to Men's Adventure, War.

I hope this will help SAND move up even more in Amazon bestsellers rank. The idea is that there is more competition in the Category of Thrillers. I did this following the advice of Carolyn McCray in Dollars & Sense: The Definitive Guide to Self-Publishing Success. Excellent book! I recommend it!"

Although I definitely still recommend the book Dollars & Sense, some of the advice is general and we still have to go through some trial and error.  I share my trials with you so you can learn from my experience.  Changing SAND to Men's Adventure, War didn't work out. SAND's Amazon rank shot back up to 100k.


In my opinion, the reason for this is because SAND stopped appearing in certain searches and Men's Adventure searchers ended up not being SAND's target audience.

As soon as I changed the Category to Action & Adventure, Thriller, SAND's Amazon rank was down to 34k.

Trial and Error.


I hope this information helps.  Thanks again for all of your feedback.


Lili Tufel
Thank you so much for supporting SAND!