Tuesday, December 13, 2011

For Experts ONLY ... Okay, fine, for you too!

I think I might have struck a nerve with some of my writerly friends.

Relax guys, it's the holidays!!  (Whoa! that's an oxymoron.)


I'm a mom. I'm motherly and will always want to help in any way I can. I will especially help newbies if they are in need of it. Hey, I was a newbie once and I needed all the advice I could get.

But after this blog post (click here to see it), I was told by more than one author, that I'm no expert to be giving advice.

Well, let me give you this example.

I have 3 kids and one is about to graduate high school. So when I listen to a mom of one giving advice to a pregnant-for-the-first-time mom, I'm tempted to roll my eyes. Things are just so different after the third kid! Hahaha ... But that's not really fair to the mom of one because she too has been through labor and delivery and she too knows what it's like to be pregnant, etc.

I compare my experience with SAND, from conception to indie success to contract with publisher as having one kid. I'm sure that some of my more experienced writer friends may be tempted to roll their eyes like the mom of three. But seriously, come on guys - It's a couple of blog posts. I'm not touring the country selling my "how to" DVDs. *writes down the idea*  ;)

Oh my gosh, I just thought what would the Duggar mom of twenty think of the mom of three? Lol   (Yes, she lost number 20.)

Anyway, my point is, I may not be a so-called expert like the Duggar mom but I do have some experience and I will continue to share it including all the cool and not so cool things I've learned along the way.

Peace.


Thank you so much for supporting SAND!