Monday, January 30, 2012

Say Whaaaat?!




In a very serious and authoritative manner, a person (who will remain anonymous) recently said to me, "A Christian cannot be a soldier."

Say whaaaaaaatttt????!!!!


Once in a while I am taken aback by the stuff people say in regular conversation. Now, I can admit that sometimes - especially after a glass or two of wine - I can be known to say things that make a lot more sense in my head before coming out of my mouth. In other words I'm not immune to talking sh*t. But this person's comment just makes absolutely no sense to me.

The statement has been simmering in my mind - okay more like boiling - and there is so much that I want say. Yet, my thoughts seem to be scattered. So this blog post is in a way an attempt at putting my thoughts together.

First, is this faithful Christian not a soldier?



Second, is Saint Michael the Archangel not a soldier?

Are we to teach our Christian men (and women) that they can't stand up and defend their family, their faith, their country, their freedom? If they feel called to defend, we need to support them.

If the argument is that Jesus lay down his life without fighting back and we are supposed to follow in his footsteps, then look at the whole picture. Jesus resurrected and came back to DEFEND his Bride - the church. 

The Catechism of the Catholic Church (2308) says, "as long as the danger of war persists and there is no international authority with the necessary competence and power, governments cannot be denied the right of lawful self-defense, once all peace efforts have failed."

I'm not writing this to argue the reasons for a just war and how civil authorities handle these reasons. I'm only writing in defense of Christian soldiers - Men and women who fight to defend their family and their country and who should not be denied the right of lawful self-defense. Soldiers need our support and encouragement!


God Bless our Troops!




Source: http://on.fb.me/zI3KFw


Thank you so much as always, for supporting SAND!

We're doing so well on Amazon, thanks to all of you.

Here's a new 5-Star review:  

"Full of patriotism, honor, mystery, suspense and love. I loved it from the first page to the last this is a author who is going somewhere and I can't wait to read more of her writings." Grace Good



What do you think? Do you agree that saying things like, "A Christian can't be a soldier," hurts the morale of our Troops?