Saturday, December 17, 2011

Finally Cracked the Amazon Nut!


It's been a truly exciting week for SAND!

Since signing with Fantasy Island Book Publishing, SAND has been blazing up the Amazon charts!

As some of you know, I have been trying to "crack the Amazon nut" which means that I wanted to break into the Amazon top 100.  You can read about my journey here and here where I started by optimizing my Amazon page. 

I finally cracked the Amazon nut!!

This past Wednesday, December 14th, my publisher placed SAND free for one day only. 

Sand hit #1 free in Action & Adventure.


Remember, SAND was only free for that ONE day.  I don't have the exact numbers, but I've been told that it was downloaded in the thousands on Wednesday.

A couple of haters have said, "What's the big deal if it's free."  Well, for one thing, some people can't even give their book away. Another reason is that I have potentially thousands of people telling their friends about SAND

But here is the best reason! Hitting #1 generated a BUZZ and created momentum...

And since Wednesday, SAND has been in the top 100 paid Action & Adventure!!



SAND is in between two John Locke Novels!!!!!!! #31 Action & Adventure!!!!!!!!!!



And why is this such a big deal to me? Well, aside from having cracked the Amazon nut, I have also achieved it in a "male-dominated genre."



According to this:  http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2011/05/15/amazon-book-sales-page-tips-with-carolyn-mccray/ - Action & Adventure is a male-dominated genre.



So I end my post with a big girly SQUEEEEEEE!!!


Okay - here's an update...



AND




Thank you so much for supporting SAND!