Friday, May 6, 2011

Coffee & Convo Guest Blog by S.L. Pierce


Coffee & Convo is honored to have a very cool guest blog by author S.L. Pierce. 

S.L. Pierce is the author of Secrets, a mystery/thriller and The Hate, two gritty short stories with killer twist endings.  You can find them at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.


S.L. Pierce lives in Colorado with her husband and four children.  She is always at work on her next novel.

Let's give Sheryl a warm welcome!


What is short attention span literature?

I saw this phrase and stole it because it applies so well to the way I write. I have said it before, many times. I am a skimmer. When I read a book I skim the descriptions of clothes or houses or flowers or the sky or rainbows. You get the idea. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the descriptive stuff. It's definitely a personal preference. My Mother loves it. The more beautifully painted a picture, the better for her. But not me.

I never really felt like I had a short attention span, but the older I get it becomes clear I do. Whenever my husband tells me a story about his day I just want to yell, Get to the Point! And that is what I feel when I'm reading. I should say my genre, for reading and writing, is mystery/thriller so I like to get to the action. Anything that slows that down, I skim.

So I write how I read. My books are get to the point, fast paced, reads. I know it's not for everyone. But in this day and age, I think more people will enjoy this. I think it will be a great way to get people who maybe don't read too much, to read more. You don't have to get bogged down in an epic to enjoy reading, unless you want to.

So I hope readers will try a sample and see if my style is for them.

I have asked Sheryl to stick around and answer some questions or comments and she graciously obliged. She will be answering posts between kid demands.

You can also find her at

and


Thank you so much Sheryl for sharing with us today.

I would also be happy to do a giveaway of Secrets to one of your followers. 

Wow, Sheryl, that would be awesome! Let's pick the lucky winner from today's comments!


Thank you so much for supporting SAND!