Monday, June 27, 2011

Coffee & Convo with a New Take on the Case of Jack the Ripper...



Coffee & Convo welcomes Michael Wilson, author of the Historical Thriller, Without A Trace.

Tell us a little bit about Without A Trace.

It is based very closely on the Whitechapel Murders of 1888.  It is just one of the many possible answers to the question of who Jack the Ripper was and how he managed to evade capture.

What do you think readers will enjoy most about Without A Trace?

I think they will enjoy the intensity of the piece most. If they like gruesome scenes, then they will love the exhilaration of Jack's murders. I also hope they enjoy the ending :D

Where can we find Without A Trace.


(Coming soon) Barnes & Noble, the Apple iBook store, Kobo, ScrollMotion, Sony, Diesel and (eventually) Amazon.

Tell us a little about yourself.

I was born in Berlin, Germany in 1992 and have spent most of my life in the UK. I am currently studying for a BA in German & Computing at the University of Kent. I have always loved writing stories (even before I could spell) but never considered publishing until very recently.

Why did you decide to become an Indie author?

When I started looking into publishing, I heard a lot of people say that it is a lot more difficult to do everything yourself, from writing the book, to promoting it, to publishing it. I think I quite fancied the challenge and I thought that if I went straight to a mainstream publisher, I was a lot more likely to get turned away with a pat on the head.
                     
Is this your debut novel?

It isn't my first book and it certainly isn't a novel, but it is definitely my first proper contribution to both the thriller industry and the writing industry. I hope it can be a good basis for people to see what I'm capable of in the future. As they say, the only way is up.

What are some of your other books and where can we find them?

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/40192 My first published piece, The Spoken Confession It is a flash-fiction political/religious piece based on Guy Fawkes' final words.

Any future writing plans you wish to share with us.

I'm working on a fantasy-thriller novel called Thicker Than Water. It is a vampire book, but I warn people not to think too much of the current 'popular' vampire world. It's dark and it's brutal. Hopefully that will be ready in the next couple of years.

Thank you for being with us today, Michael. 

Lili Tufel
Thank you so much for supporting SAND!